Please Note: This is a Negative Ground Controller. If the controller is to be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis, loads connected to the controller must not have an electrical connection to the vehicle body
|Solar Charge Controllers
Solar Charge Regulator with LC Display and Optional USB CXI Datalogger Interface
- Battery State-of-Charge display LCD
- Data collection, System information, Data-at-a-Glance and more when used with optional CXI USB datalogger system.
- Charge and discharge status display
- Acoustic load disconnect pre-warning
- Load status indication
- Choose between 3 load disconnect algorithms
- Boost/absorption/float PWM-regulation (series type)
- Prepared for DIN rail mounting
- Automatic 12 / 24 Volt detection
- Integrated temperature compensation
- Covered terminals (up to 6 AWG (16mm²) wire size)
- Full solid-state protection
- Programmable nightlight function
The CX series is a sophisticated solar charge regulator family with exceptional features in this price range. In addition to a perfect PWM regulation with integrated temperature compensation, the controllers provide extraordinary display, programming and safety functions. The battery state of charge is clearly displayed with a bar chart, as well as energy flows from and to the battery and the load status (e.g. overload, load short circuit). The deep discharge protection function can be set up to three different modes: voltage controlled, SOC controlled or adaptive (fuzzy logic). Acoustic warnings are built in, as well as a programmable nightlight function.
Using the optional CXI USB unit and CXCom Datalogger software, you can keep track of battery state-of-charge history (up to a year!), make the CX work as a lighting controller, see how many times in a month the controller was able to charge the batteries all the way, how many times the batteries were seriously discharged, and more! All this on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You can also export the data (to an Excel spreadsheet, for example). Download the software for free in our DataSheets section above - but you need to order the CXI unit separately.
The CX also provides a built-in excess energy management function, which means that in combination with especially designed loads (e.g. Phocos Solar Refrigerators/Coolers SF32E, SF50E) it is possible to make use of excess energy which would be lost otherwise because of the overcharge protection of the battery. A better utilization of the solar system is the benefit. The compact case design is prepared for DIN rail mounting (mounting device available as an accessory).